What is the Best Mexican Food in San Diego?
San Diego is famous for their wide selection of Mexican restaurants, so be sure to try out the following options:
- The Taco Stand in La Jolla serves shrimp tacos, chicken burritos and other favorites.
- La Puerta offers the street food-inspired dishes with Mexican restaurant atmosphere.
- Head to Miguel’s Cocina in Coronado for handmade corn tortillas and traditional albondigas soup.
Discover more top destinations in San Diego, including the best taco shops and Mexican restaurants, in this guide!
More of the Best Mexican Food Options
Be sure to try out these restaurants when you’re out on the town in San Diego:
- Located in the La Jolla area, Puesto offers tacos with eclectic flavors. Be sure to try the Filet Mignon or Maine Lobster tacos.
- Oscar’s Mexican Seafood near the water is a favorite among locals for their fried fish tacos.
- Casa Guadalajara in Old Town San Diego provides festive Mexican restaurant atmosphere and handmade tortillas.
When you’re on your way to an event in El Cajon or San Diego county, stop by one of these destinations to experience the best Mexican food in San Diego.
Find Your New Favorite Mexican Restaurant
Still searching for a new spot to try? Consider one of these options:
- At Coasterra you can expect modern Mexican fusion cuisine and great views of the San Diego skyline.
- Rockin’ Baja Lobster is a popular destination for Mexican-inspired seafood like lobster, crabs, shrimp, and more.
- Few Mexican restaurants in San Diego have as strong of a reputation for fresh tortillas and salsa as Old Town Mexican Cafe.
Of course, to try out all of these restaurants and taco stands, you’ll need reliable transportation, and that’s where Rock Auto Group comes in.
Visit Rock Auto Group for an Affordable Used Vehicle
Rock Auto Group provides customers with a wide selection of used vehicles from many different brands. In addition, as an important part of the greater San Diego community, we can offer advice what to do on holidays like Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We’re easy to reach at 464 W. Main St. in El Cajon. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have about a local events or popular restaurant destinations.