Used Cars for Sale By Owner vs. Dealership
Buying a used car from a private owner can be risky, while buying from a dealership provides these benefits:
- A comprehensive vehicle history report
- Access to auto loan financing
- Assistance with filing and completing paperwork
- More confidence that a vehicle will last for years to come
Dealership Used Car Advantages
When you turn to a dealership like Rock Auto Group for your next used car, truck, or SUV, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Trust – A dealership needs to maintain a good reputation with the local community to stay in business, and Rock Auto Group has helped San Diego drivers find the perfect used vehicle since 1991.
- Service and Selection – Car dealerships present many options for buyers, and knowledgeable sales staff can help you compare your used car options. In addition, you’ll have access to vehicle history reports.
- Financing – Dealerships commonly have an in-house financing department to help with buying a used car, and they can guide you through the car loan process.
Risks of Buying From a Car Owner
Still considering buying from a private seller? Keep an eye out for these potential risks:
- A car owner might not tell you the true history of a car, and that may include extensive repairs or even a salvage title.
- Independent sellers don’t offer financing, and bank loans for used cars are often out of reach for many customers.
- The car’s owner likely won’t help you fill out the paperwork required to transfer the title and registration.
Turn to Rock Auto Group for Your Next Used Car
The used car selection at Rock Auto Group includes models from brands like Honda, Ford, Toyota, and Nissan. In addition, we can help you decide whether you should buy a new or used vehicle, and our financing department specializes in assisting customers with bad or no credit. Apply for financing online before you visit us at 464 W Main St in El Cajon, CA.